VMware Edu & Cert Community
Faaizz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I use my VCP-DCV 2024 as a prerequisite for the VCAP-DCV Design 2023 Certification?

I have to succeed with VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2024 (VCP-DCV 2024) since 5th Jan 2024By passed with exam VMware vSphere 8.x Professional (2V0-21.23)
For the VCAP-DCV Design 2023 Certification requirement can I used my VCP-DCV 2024 certificate to submit for the exam :Advanced Design VMware vSphere 7.x (3V0-21.21) ?  Ref:https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcap-dcv-design.html

In STEP 1, it still show : (Required) Earn the VCP-DCV 2023 (Or hold a VCP-DCV 2022)
vm1.jpg

My Certificate
vm2.jpg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I am sure you can. It is more up to date than the one listed. They probably have just not gotten around to updating the requirements on the website. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I am sure you can. It is more up to date than the one listed. They probably have just not gotten around to updating the requirements on the website. 

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your post has overlapped when the website updated. Today it does reflect VCP DCV 2024 as an option and I confirmed the back end logic has the same.