VMware Edu & Cert Community
Ethen_81
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding prerequisites for exam 2V0-41.23 : VMware NSX 4.x Professional

Hi All,

I want to appear for 2V0-41.23: VMware NSX 4.x Professional Exam. However, I have a confusion.

I don't have any VCP certification as of now.

The Exam Guide says this:

" Certification path if you hold no VCP Certifications
1. (Recommended) Gain experience with NSX technologies
2. (Required) Attend ONE of the required training courses
VMware NSX for Intrinsic Security [V4.x] - On Demand
VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations [V4.X] - On Demand
VMware NSX-T Data Center for Intrinsic Security [V3.2] - On Demand
VMware NSX: Design [V4.x]
VMware NSX for Intrinsic Security [V4.x]
VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.0] - On Demand
VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.0]
VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer: Install, Configure

!

!

!

3. (Required) Review and study the topics and objectives listed in the
Exam Guide (2V0-41.23) and pass the qualifying exam
VMware NSX 4.x Professional (2V0-41.23)

So the point Number 2 is to attend one of the trainings. I have actually attended NSX-T training from Udemy, and I have overall 15+ years of experience in IT Networking and Security.

Can someone please help me know if I need to do any course from VMWare's listed coerces and partners in order to qualify for the prerequisites?

Any help is appreciated. 

TA

Manishkumar Navar

Labels (1)
8 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Hello,

The associated certificated for the mentioned exam (2V0-41.23) is the VCP-NV 2023.

To get this VCP certificate you have to meet the requirements that you listed. But you can schedule the exam and pass it successful (Hopefully 😊) but that will not make you a VCP certified.

To achieve that, you have to meet the requirements mention in the following VCP - Network Virtualization 2023 .

It depend in your level of certifications, if you have VCP or no. Here, all required trainings are from VMware and you can select any one from the list.

But for this specific VCP, you have an option to submit a proof for cisco certificates (Active/Non-Expired) like CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certification.

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your Udemy course does not meet the criteria.

The only way you could bypass the NSX training and still get the VCP is if you hold an active Cisco certification.

The link posted in the first reply also has a Cisco path on it.

Otherwise you’ll have to take one of the authorised training courses you listed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Ethen_81
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Scott. 

This means I have to first get an active CCNA (at least) and then appear for VCP-NV. Post that only I qualify for the NSX-T Exam (2VO-41.23).

Appreciate if you can help me further with this query. 

TA

Manishkumar Navar

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The alternative is to complete an approved training from the list. Some candidates go the academic route and complete training at a university/college but they typically have a long wait list (plus you must take the 'PSE' version of the exam). You can take the exam/training in any order, but you won't be awarded the certification until all 'Required' elements are complete.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can take the NSX exam for VCP-NV at any time BUT unless you either have an active Cisco certification OR complete authorised NSX training there’s little point in attempting to pass the exam as you won’t be awarded the certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

While I have not taken the exam, I took both of these courses a year or so ago. While you really only need the first one, I recommend them both. NSX has a lot of features and functions and the courses really help give you a better understanding of the product. 

VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage

VMware NSX-T Data Center: Troubleshooting and Operations

0 Kudos
SSDA1296
Contributor
Contributor

Another option, if you have an Active (not expired) Cisco CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certification, you can take once the VCP-NV  exam without joining VMware paid training.

UZM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have experience with NSX in Work and study in free sources. I took the VCP6-NV exam by linking with my Cisco CCNA certificate without joining any paid training.

If you have an active Cisco Certificate, here are for your reference.
https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-nv-nsxt.html
https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/cisco-verification-request.html

0 Kudos