VMware Edu & Cert Community
ahmedmanea7
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP prerequisites

I am holding VCP-DCV 2022 and would like to take VCAP Design exam, can I earn it or should I renew the VCP-DCV to newer version?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This page states you need the 2024 or 2023 VCP: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcap-dcv-design.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ahmedmanea7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott,

What if I took the VCAP exam and renewed the VCP later, can I get the both certificates later? 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So long as you meet the requirements at some point in time for a current certification, the order in which you meet them isn't important.

Obviously if you only pass the VCAP exam you won't be a VCAP til you've also met the VCP version requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos