VMware Edu & Cert Community
mav3r1cksandy
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Certificate not received

Hi guys,

I have completed vcp 510 exam on 23rd of april 2012.  I got 494 out of 500.  It says that i am certified in my learn website and it gave me the certification number.  But i havent received the physical certificate yet.  I know it takes about 3-4 weeks for the physical certificate to reach my mail address but it has been more than that now.  Just want to make if this is completely normal with these guys or should i contact certifications department.

Certification

NameDate Certified
VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 523-Apr-2012
Certified as:XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Certification #: 1XXX34

NameDate CompleteHoursScore
VCP on vSphere 5 Exam23-Apr-2012--------

regards

sandy

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RvdNieuwendijk
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Welcome to the VMware VMTN Communities.

You should not expect to receive your certificate two or three after passing the exam. First you will receive an e-mail from certification@vmware.com, about three weeks after you pass the test, with the request to:

-  Confirm your shipping address
-  Consent to transcript release
-  Accept the VMware Certification Agreement.

Only after you have done that your certificate will be shipped. You should expect that it can take another two month before you receive your certificate.

I passed the test on February 28th, received the e-mail and fulfilled the tasks on March 20th and received the certificate on May 8th.

Regards, Robert

Blog: https://rvdnieuwendijk.com/ | Twitter: @rvdnieuwendijk | Author of: https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/learning-powercli-second-edition
mav3r1cksandy
Contributor
Contributor

Aww okie.. I have got email from vmware and i have compelted the tasks. So it might take some time as you have mentioned.  Anyways thanks for taking time to explain me the procedure. I really appriciate your effort.

Thanks

sandy

0 Kudos
mav3r1cksandy
Contributor
Contributor

Got The Certificate.  Now going for VCAP- DCA thanks guys.. Thread closed

0 Kudos
Nagasai
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Friends,

I have a doubt, i have gone through the VCP510 certification exam and passed, but i have not taken any training from authorized trianing centers(40,000 not paid). But i paid the exam fee by registered myself @ http://www.pearsonvue.com. Once i completed the exam i was told that i will not recieve any certificate since i have not taken authorized course.

if i would not recieve my certificate my exam is valid or not? is anyone gone through such case?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
takecoffe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes your exam is valid but you will not get certificate till you complete Training from authorize training center

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Passing the exam is only one of the requirements, the other is the training - as you have not met that requirement you are not certified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Nagasai
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks scott for your reply. I will join the course from any of the authorized training center, do i need to join VCP course only?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Take a look at the VCP5-DV page for your options: http://www.vmware.com/go/vcp

Given that you've already passed the exam, I'd look at the Optimize & Scale training option.

After you have completed the training you will need to email certification@vmware.com to tell them you've already passed the exam - they will check that, and your training record.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Nagasai
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Scott.

nagasaikrishna.a@gmail.com

0 Kudos