VMware Cloud Community
Ralf-B
Contributor
Contributor

2x VI3.02 Hosts on VMware Workstation 6.04

Hi All,

does anyone insalled 2 Vi3.02 hosts on a VMware Workstation 6.04 ?

When i install and start both Hosts at the same time , one of them (started as the second host) is not able to get network connect and i get a message like, "the service console is in recovery or emergency, forget the exactly failure message). I can work with the hosts, when i start only one of them.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

I have two ESX hosts (2 proc, 512Mb eaqch), Openfiler (1 proc, 256Mb) and a VC box (1 proc, 256Mb) all running in WS 6.0.4. 32-bit Windows XP host running on Dell D630 with 2 Dual Core 2.0Ghz and 4Gb RAM. I have found the secret to success is to bring one thing at a time up and give it some time to level out. I bring up the Openfiler first, wait two minutes, bring up ESX host one, wait 2 minutes, etc....

What hardware do you have underneath WS or what can you tell us about the environment you are running?

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
Ralf-B
Contributor
Contributor

It a Lenovo Notebook, dual Core CPU, 4 GB RAM. I try it on XP and on Vista (32 Bit)

I try it to start the VMs step by step but the same problem Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

How much proc and memory have you allocated to each ESX host? Check your VMDKs within Windows and make sure they aren't heavily fragmented. Also make sure that your VMDKs are excluded from any AV scanning.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
Ralf-B
Contributor
Contributor

same as your VMs, 2 procs, 512 RAM. Antivirus Programm is disabled

0 Kudos
Ralf-B
Contributor
Contributor

thats funnie....

i tested this virtual environment in Vista, and get Problems when i start 2 ESX hosts on VisatVMWorstation 6.04Vi3.02

But when i start this on Windows XP, everything is ok ?? Have Vista and VMWare Workstation some Problems ??

0 Kudos