VMware Cloud Community
whopeman
Contributor
Contributor

PERC H700 Raid controller notrecognized by ESX 3.5 installer

Hi,

I am currently trying to install ESX 3.5 on the R710 model server with eth PERC H700 RAID array. I note that it is not in the HCL , but I am currently unalbe to upgrade to 4.0 U1 or later. I have requirements for running 3.5. Is there a possible solution to this issue? The error being seen is:

No Drives Found.

An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ward

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Not possible. maybe you can tell us why do you need ESX3.5 instead of 4.1 from there probably we can help you move to ESX/ESXi 4.1

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
whopeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So this has taken a while to get back to.  I appreciate the straight forward answer.  For me it was simple.  Change the RAID card back to Perc6i.  In this case it is a matter of upgrading the underlying hardware of a system to newer hardware.  For the ESX 3.5 portion it falls to buisness requirements of managing and maintaining support for some of our products running in ESX 3.5 environments.

I have already changed out the hardware in the machine so this really is not an issue any longer.

Thanks

0 Kudos