Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am assuming you have confirmed the esx host is up and running it just had lost communicaitn to your virtual center server? - to restart the two services on the esx host the commands are: service mgmt-vmware restart and service vmware-vxpa restart - but first I would check to see why the network communication was lost between your esx host and vc server -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

FYI: this thread has been moved to the ESX 3.5 Configuration forum.

Oliver Reeh[/i]

[VMware Communities User Moderator|http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-2444][/i]

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am assuming you have confirmed the esx host is up and running it just had lost communicaitn to your virtual center server? - to restart the two services on the esx host the commands are: service mgmt-vmware restart and service vmware-vxpa restart - but first I would check to see why the network communication was lost between your esx host and vc server -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To restart services without rebooting a host you will need to get personal with the console. find putty and login, you may need to login as a standard user first and then issue the command su - root to elevate your privledges.

To restart the two services that a ESX Host requires to communicate to a VC. issue the following commands at the console or remote session: service mgmt-vmware restart and service vmware-vxpa restart - however before you do issue these commands check that you are not running an unpatched version of ESX 3.0.2 or 3.5.

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
cyriltam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how do i check for the errror? From the EsX server or netwrok switch, many thx:)

0 Kudos