VMware Cloud Community
Sp0cky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare ESX 60 day trial. Before my trial period is up, can I copy the vm's to workstation if I want to keep them?

If so, what files need to be copied? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you can - I would either copy the entire content of the directory the VM is stored in or export the VM as a virtual appliance which you then could run in VMware Server or if you ever rebuilt your ESX host be able to import back into your environment

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you can - I would either copy the entire content of the directory the VM is stored in or export the VM as a virtual appliance which you then could run in VMware Server or if you ever rebuilt your ESX host be able to import back into your environment

0 Kudos
Sp0cky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks alot! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos