VMware Cloud Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Machine resource utilization is very high

hi i m using three esx 3.5 server 16 GB each and created 10 virtual machine . i allocated resources according to the vm's but now some of the machine running very slow and showing high utilization of memory and cpu even we dont have big application running on those machine.

can any body tell me how can i improve the performance of my vm.please donot suggest increase ram and cpu count bcoz it is already up to the mark

Ravi
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sathyajith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

This is where you need to use resource pools :smileygrin: . Try to isolate machine under resource pools based on the type or your

business demand.

Other thing you could try is to see if you have set any

reservation for memory for each VM. Enable a minimum amount so that your memory

optimizing feature will not strip the VM’s all the time and thus increase CPU usage.

Regards

Jith

0 Kudos
R-Sommer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does you VMs have VMware Tools installed? How did you create your VMs? For example migrating Windows without changing its HAL can cause high cpu load.

0 Kudos
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

i newly create virtual machine and please let me know the best possible way to reserver the resources for virtual machines.

Ravi
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

HOw much memory have you allocated to the VMs? How many CPUs?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos