VMware Cloud Community
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is possible to create a private interface between the host and VM

It is possible to create a virtual switch between the esxi host and a VM itself. I know technically I can get to the esxi host from the VM during the VM network and back into the esxi host during the kernel port. But we are wondering if it is possible to have a private network setup so that the VM guest can talk directly to the host underneath secure shell without going out on the network?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you can - create a virtual with a vmkernel port and a virtual machine port group as long as they are on the same segment the traffic will not leave the ESX host

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you can - create a virtual with a vmkernel port and a virtual machine port group as long as they are on the same segment the traffic will not leave the ESX host

0 Kudos
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Boy do I feel like an idiot Smiley Wink Thanks for the help. I got my VM guest ssh into my esxi service console through the new vswitch, sweet Smiley Wink

0 Kudos