VMware {code} Community
jacklyn97006
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with running LoginInGuest with VIX_LOGIN_IN_GUEST_REQUIRE_INTERACTIVE_ENVIRONMENT option.

Hi,

I have trouble running LoginInGuest with VIX_LOGIN_IN_GUEST_REQUIRE_INTERACTIVE_ENVIRONMENT option. I want to run a GUI apllication in VM, and need to use this option according to the vix api. But i always got 'Autenthentication failure or insufficient permission in guest operation system' error when i run RunProgramInGuest after LoginInGuest method being called.

Set job = VM.LoginInGuest(UID, PWD, VixCOM.Constants.VIX_LOGIN_IN_GUEST_REQUIRE_INTERACTIVE_ENVIRONMENT, Nothing)

err = job.WaitWithoutResults()

If lib.ErrorIndicatesFailure(err) Then

WScript.Echo("Error logging in: " & lib.GetErrorText(err, empty))

WScript.Quit

End If

Set job = VM.RunProgramInGuest("c:\Windows\system32\CMD.exe", "/c c:\scripts\CopyAndInstall.cmd", 0, Nothing, Nothing)

err = job.WaitWithoutResults()

If lib.ErrorIndicatesFailure(err) Then

WScript.Echo("Error running install: " & lib.GetErrorText(err, empty)) _ ----- error reported from here_

host.Disconnect

WScript.Quit

End If

At first i thought something wrong with RunProgramInGuest method, then i realized LoginInGuest is the one establised the authentication context in guest OS.

Any one has seen this problem? any workaround? or any prereq account setting i need to do? By the way, the account user name and password provided to the loginInGuest method is the same one on the windows console log in prompt. I tried auto-logon, but not working either.

I got stuck, and any input would be well appreciated.

J

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jacklyn97006
Contributor
Contributor

I 'm running VM workstation: 6.5.2, vix-api comes with this product.

Guest OS: Vista SP2

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you check what version of VMware Tools are installed in this virtual machine? If you double click on the VMware logo in the tray, that should bring up a little applet; the version should be in the "About" tab.

0 Kudos