VMware Cloud Community
Radhikajoshi
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 8.11.2 installation via easy installer fails

I am trying to install vRA 8.11.2 via easy installer, during the first boot of vRA - fluentd and docker-registry services are failing to start. Seen this issue for 8.10 as well.

Read some posts that this is because vRA was not shut down correctly - but my issue is that this is the first time vRA is powered on. Any hints on what is the issue and how can I get a successful installation.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
eduardosuarez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Could you try validating if there are errors in the firstboot.log and/or everyboot?  This kb includes the most common issue during vRA deployment: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/93142

0 Kudos
Radhikajoshi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @eduardosuarez 

I see below errors in firstboot.log

0 Kudos
eduardosuarez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rahikajoshi,

Could you share the full file?

That is a symptom rather than the cause of the problem.

In that file you will have the several scripts, you will see when they started and if they succedded.

What we need to identify the name of the script that is failing.

This is an example of the script for NTP:

2023-08-24 16:31:33Z /etc/bootstrap/firstboot.d/00-apply-ntp-servers.sh starting...
+ set -e
++ ovfenv -q --key ntp-servers
+ ovf_ntpServers=time.vmware.com
+ '[' '!' -z time.vmware.com ']'
+ /usr/local/bin/vracli ntp systemd --set time.vmware.com --local
2023-08-24 16:31:35Z /etc/bootstrap/firstboot.d/00-apply-ntp-servers.sh succeeded
0 Kudos
eduardosuarez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If I am not wrong if you grep the file using failed you will get the script that is causing the issue.

0 Kudos
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If this is a fresh install. Delete it and run it again from the LCM. And preferred get a newer release to install.

0 Kudos
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please check whether the root pasword on the appliance is not expired.

0 Kudos