VMware Cloud Community
knight77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

new cluster hosts missing from custom reports

Hello, I made a custom report for vCOPs a few months ago and everything has worked correctly for quite a while but now we have noticed that the number of cluster hosts in the reports are not updating. When I created the report there was 5 blade hosts in one cluster and 8 blade in another. The dashboards showed the correct number of hosts in each cluster. About a month ago we added 5 new blade hosts to each cluster.  Once again the default dashboards show all the new hosts in the host count and their additional compute resources, but the custom report does not show these new hosts or their resources. I have checked to see if ops sees the hosts in MM (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=206830...) but they are online and gathering data.  I ran  java -cp "/usr/lib/ciq/:lib/*" com.vmware.cm.tool.populatedb.CreateView ClusterList-Overview.xml update    but the update completes, but the new hosts do not appear. Rebooting ops does not correct it. If we add additional RAM to hosts in an older cluster, the custom report shows that RAM update, but will not show any new hosts in these blade clusters. How do get the custom report to update the hosts?  We are running Version 5.8.1, Build 1637685

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hm, strange.

do you see those hosts in any of the views/reports in the system (in the vSphereUI -> Planning section)

0 Kudos
knight77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

under planning / summary, if i change the perspective to 'deployed' the number of hosts displayed for the current week is correct.

I have attached the csv results.  I ran the report twice at the world level and at the vCenter level and the results are slightly different at each level, i cant figure out why. The column header name also changed, the original header is shown in the file also.

0 Kudos
knight77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

gradinka, I did additional testing beyond what I posted yesterday and was not able to determine why I am getting non-integer numbers for things like “hosts”.  Do you have any additional ideas?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

the non-integer should be OK, but as to why the numbers don't add up maybe it's worth calling vmware support.

they can poke around (including DB) and might figure it out...

0 Kudos