VMware Cloud Community
btkrausen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Server Faults

vCOPS dashboard continuously tells me that my Fault score for a vCenter server is 100, but drilling down into Faults, the right side of the panel shows "No Faults present"

What gives?

vExpert 2014 & 2015, VCAP-DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, VCP4, VCP3, CCNA, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, A+, Net+, Sec+
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In my v5 vapp version I installed last week I had a similar issue, BUT i had alerts. I cancelled them and none have reappeared and my scores have all adjusted. What version are you running?

0 Kudos
btkrausen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running the newest vApp version, just downloaded and installed two weeks ago. 5.0.1 Build 677931

I have Critical alerts, but they are for Datastores or maybe a few VMs. This is a Fault directly on the vCenter itself.

Operations/Environment tab show one of my vCenter servers as red with a Fault value of 100. I have been able to clear a Fault in the past, and it goes back to normal, but I have no Faults to clear this time, so not sure how to proceed.

vExpert 2014 & 2015, VCAP-DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, VCP4, VCP3, CCNA, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, A+, Net+, Sec+
0 Kudos
salwinsys
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

I'm experiencing same issue with the latest vCOPS 5.0.1 Build 67793. Discovered various VM's are at fault state, the drill down indicates "No Faults present"

Any clue or workaround??

0 Kudos
btkrausen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm still waiting for my "official" license since submitting my PO to VMware, so once that happens I'll be able to call support and get an answer. Smiley Happy

vCOPS is awesome, but I don't think its worth the price that VMware charges.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This has been acknowledged as a problem by the engineering team, and we are working towards rectifying it.

Any help and more-details which can help reproduce the problem in house are greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
btkrausen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perfect, thanks so much.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

we have found a workaround, which proves useful for some people:

Check to ensure that the individual faults are configured to be generated from Configuration > Badges & Alerts > Alert Management > “Generate alerts on individual faults.”  A restart of services is likely necessary once the change is made.  Once configured/restarted, you should be able to see the list of alerts so they may be canceled from the Alerts tab.

0 Kudos