VMware Communities
JesseTrippe
Contributor
Contributor

Access Guest (Windows 7) Folders and Files from Host (Mac Mavericks)

This has to be covered somewhere but I can only seem to find the opposite of what I'm looking for (access Mac files from the guest Windows Machine).

I'm trying to access and edit files that exist on a "guest" Windows 7 Virtual Machine from a "host" Mac Mavericks. I recently switched from Parallels where the Virtual Machine was mounted as a disk and I was to navigate folders (and more importantly open files and edit them). Is the only way to accomplish this via network sharing of some kind? Are there any guides or KB articles to walk me through this process? Any help would be appreciated. And if this is a thread that has been repeated over and over again and I'm too obtuse to find it, please provide a link and I'll promptly close this thread.

Thanks,

Jesse Trippe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware does not provide the Parallels feature you mentioned so if you want to mimic it then you'll need to set a Share under Windows 7 and mount it from OS X.  There are more then enough tutorials available on the Internet on how to do file sharing and accessing those shares that I'm not going to waste time repeating what has already been repeated ad nauseum.  Google is your friend! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos