VMware Communities
RynJ
Contributor
Contributor

Can't use personal license for VMWare fusion Player

Hello, I am writing to enquire about VMWare Fusion Player..
I'm using VMWare Fusion Player with my MacBook Air apple silicon M1.
but I have a issue in personal use license.
I'm follow the steps to get personal use license, and I get the license successfully.
but in the program, It can't registered with error message. (This license key you provided has expired.)
is any solutions in this case?
if personal use license have expiration date, please let me know.
thanks.
best regards.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Fusion Player are you installing? And what version of the personal use license did you download?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

the license need to mach the version that you will use.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Personal Use licenses for Fusion do not have an expiration period, but they will only work for the version they are designed.

For a Mac with an M chip, I only recommend using Fusion 13.5. The current key for v13 continues to function.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal-13

Likely you have a Pro license (which is in Trial mode) that conflicts.

You can try trashing the license file and re-inputing the license in the Fusion UI.

The license file on the Mac is located in:

"/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/license-fusion-xxxxxxx"

Trash that when Fusion is quit, launch Fusion, then input the Player key into the Licensing UI.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
RynJ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed VMWare Fusion Player 13.5 and Fusion Player 13 personal license.

and it doesn't work..

thanks

스크린샷 2024-02-02 오전 12.08.07.png스크린샷 2024-02-02 오전 12.07.52.png

and it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RynJ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed fusion player 13.5 and using fusion player 13 personal license.

is there has any personal license for 13.5? not 13?

thanks.

스크린샷 2024-02-02 오전 12.08.07.png

0 Kudos
RynJ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed Fusion Player 13.5 and I got personal license for Fusion Player 13.

I removed license-fusion-xxxxxxx files what you let me know, and It still doesn't work.

is there has any license for 13.5? not 13?

thanks.

스크린샷 2024-02-02 오전 12.05.17.png스크린샷 2024-02-02 오전 12.07.52.png스크린샷 2024-02-02 오전 12.08.07.png

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I had downloaded a Fusion 13 Player personal use key at the time Fusion 13 was released - and it installed fine in Fusion 13.5. Even on a fresh install.

There is no separate key for Fusion 13.5. Fusion license keys are good for the major version (in this case Fusion 13) and all updates and minor versions of that major version (such as Fusion 13.0.2 and 13.5).

Just to verify. You shut Fusion down (not simply powering off VMs, but File > Quit VMware Fusion), deleted the file that @Mikero noted, then started Fusion again. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos