VMware Communities
mortenjensen01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Copy-paste twice to get the right text - solution?

Hi all,

I see that there are a problem with getting the copy-paste to work at all - mine is a different one also describe here: Have to paste twice in Windows

I have to paste twice in Fusion to get the right text. The first time, I paste, the "old" text i pasted. The second time, the right text is.

Can this be fixed? Rather annoying.

Morten

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hey Morten,

I have filed a SR for this earlier last year SR: 15699096506

In my case that was between 2 full screen guests (not sure if that describes your issue)

After about 4 months they told to me "Works as designed,  you're welcome to file a feature request" .. I was thinking something else and stopped following up.

FWIW this worked fine up until around Fusion 4 and while annoying I deemed the issue not serious enough to dedicate more of my time on this as I am just a customer trying to help out.

However if you like to see this fixed, you'll have to "walk the walk" and at least start by filing a support request.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
mortenjensen01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

WOW, this is really embarrassing to VMware. I have had the problem for a long time and just tried to stay patient. But it is really annoying.

Please read along, folks at VMware, and find a solution for this annoying issue!

Morten

0 Kudos
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It mentioned a copy&paste bug fixed in Fusion 8.0.2 release notes.

"Sometimes, copying and pasting text between a Mac host and a virtual machine fails to update the clipboard

When this issue occurs, the pasted text is not the text that was most recently copied. "

Which version of Fusion are you using?

0 Kudos
mortenjensen01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am using Fusion 7. Had not seen any reason to upgrade. This would be the first - if it works.

Do you never experience the problem?

Morten

0 Kudos