VMware Communities
Jim_Hammond
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 1.0/Bootcamp Partition

Hello Folks,

In the last day or so, when i start up 1.0 it now shows two bootcamp partitions ( I only have one), one listed as "bootcamp partition/dev/disk1" and the other "bootcamp partition/dev/disk2". I have not opened either of them, as I was waiting to do so for a couple of weeks to see if there might be any bugs pop up from those that had.

Originally, when I would start up 1.0 it would show only one partition as bootcamp partition.

Any ideas?

Jim

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rzn8tor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There's another discussion on this here somewhere. Try deleting both entries from the virtual machine library (select and hit delete) and then restarting Fusion.

0 Kudos
Jim_Hammond
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, I looked in what I think is the VM library, but there is no reference there to either one of them. That was in libraries/applications support/vmfusion.

Jim

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This is because OS X doesn't always present the same disk under the same name. What is now /dev/disk1 might be /dev/disk2 after a reboot. Fusion thinks this might be a different install, so generates a separate listing. While you can delete the entries and let Fusion regenerate the correct one, don't be surprised if it shows back up.

0 Kudos
Jim_Hammond
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, that's odd. Just a quirk of OS X, then? I did delete both references and Fusion displayed the proper one again, at least this time.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos