VMware Communities
KenWi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 1.1.2 error

I upgraded to Fusion 1.1.2 and get an error when trying to run WinXP "cannot connect to peer process" Has anyone come across that? I've spent 4 hours on the vmware site and by phone in endless loops. I've paid for a support incident (which I don't think I should have had to) and cannot get support. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can look at the version of the Application under "Get Info" in the Finder for the Fusion icon. Do you have online backups, e.g. Time Machine backups? You may have another copy of Fusion hanging around that is getting launched instead of 1.1.2. You can use Spotlight to find other copies of Fusion, or if Fusion is in your Dock, try removing it and adding the new version from Applications.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try restarting after the upgrade. It is not always necessary but when this error occurs, a reboot clears it up.

0 Kudos
KenWi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks but did try that. Error persists. Have just noticed that About Fusion shows version to still be 1.0 even though 1.1.2 installed, or appeared to install.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can look at the version of the Application under "Get Info" in the Finder for the Fusion icon. Do you have online backups, e.g. Time Machine backups? You may have another copy of Fusion hanging around that is getting launched instead of 1.1.2. You can use Spotlight to find other copies of Fusion, or if Fusion is in your Dock, try removing it and adding the new version from Applications.

0 Kudos
KenWi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that was it. I was using docked Fusion Launcher instead of the newly installed launcher in Applications. Indebted, thanks again.

0 Kudos