VMware Communities
TokyoAussie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion and Mcafee Virus Scan

I already have the Mcafee Virus scan installed with its yearly subscription. So, which version of 2.0.3 to download?

Does installing the Fusion-only version delete my Mcafee anti-virus software?

Does installing the Fusion + Mcafee replace my existing Mcafee subscription?

Some guidance on the download page would be nice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It doesn't matter. The difference between the two downloads is that one includes the McAfee installer - there is no impact on an existing setup in the guest, which is what it sounds like you have. Woody was making the point that if you ever needed the installer again later (which you normally don't), you would have to get it again or have saved a copy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you download the light version and if you ever need the antivirus.iso to reinstall from then you will not have it unless you've maintained a copy of the previous .dmg image file in which case you can extract the antivirus.iso file or you can copy it out of its default location before you upgrade. Its located at "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages/antivirus.iso" of just download the normal .dmg image file.

0 Kudos
TokyoAussie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry to bother, but I am confused.

I understand the point about which download to use to reinstall McAfee. Basically, I want to upgrade Fusion and leave the McAfee Virus Scan subscription as-is (neither reset nor removed). I don't know which download to use. Does it matter which, for an existing McAfee subscription?

Regards.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It doesn't matter. The difference between the two downloads is that one includes the McAfee installer - there is no impact on an existing setup in the guest, which is what it sounds like you have. Woody was making the point that if you ever needed the installer again later (which you normally don't), you would have to get it again or have saved a copy.

0 Kudos