VMware Communities
pwplan
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion with Vista Ultimate running v v v v slowly - seems VM ware is a waste of time

Just installed VMfusion and Vista Ultimate on a macbook pro with 2.4 Ghz intel processor - even playing a simple game like hearts takes minutes per move making the whole thing a waste of time. I've seen one post that had a similar problem and he solved it by changing a parameter in the vmx file - How do you do that? or does anyone have any other ideas? I've installed the VMtools but that makes no difference. Have Leopard.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I've seen one post that had a similar problem and he solved it by changing a parameter in the vmx file - How do you do that?

Deleted duplicate post, it wasn't very relevant to that thread. See for how to edit a .vmx config file. However, in Fusion 2.x you don't have to edit the .vmx file to change the guest type, you can do that from the Virtual Machine Library.

Please give more information about your setup as in .

0 Kudos
pwplan
Contributor
Contributor

How do I access the virtual machine library to do the edit? All I seem able to do is to see the virtual machine I have and suspend, resume, powerup etc?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Window > Virtual Machine Library.

Note that the virtual machine must be shut down (suspended doesn't count) in order to change the guest type.

0 Kudos
pwplan
Contributor
Contributor

I've shut down the virtual machine but can see no way of editing the

guest type - or even any mention of guest type

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos