VMware Communities
IPF90
Contributor
Contributor

Had to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.06

This is the first time I have been forced to downgrade a version of VMware Fusion. Over the last few years I have fortunately experienced a pretty trouble free existence with Fusion and its upgrades. However, this time round I am finding ver 3.0 just too buggy and problematic. I run a MacPro with 9Gb RAM, and WinXP. Most of the time I am in Unity with MS Excel 2007, and TradeStation 8.6. In 2.06 these run fine and I can leave them running for days at a time with no real issues. However, ever since I tried ver 3.0 I have experienced the following issues:-

Click Unity and the windows resize, and move, so I have to shift them around to get them re-orientated each time.

Both apps can act as if I have clicked on the shift key and I am trying to scroll across, (it is as if the keys get jammed, and are being held down). Very annoying as it can cause incorrect values to be entered into cells.

I can't leave this setup running for a long time - it feels as if there is a memory leak. I have to restart far too often as the apps and the whole VM become unresponsive.

Right clicking to get other information from inside the apps often produces just a white blank window.

I do run Drop Box and my antivirus is Avira Pre Sec Suite.

Personally I am very disappointed, and I would also add losing the top toolbar where the VMware Fusion controls use to sit, is another really frustrating issue. The icon in the toolbar should be optional.

Waiting for another release.

Ian

0 Kudos
0 Replies