VMware Communities
mikeypas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How does Host quit a VM? UPS question

Hi there!

I know this has been asked before, but just wanted some clarification

- I wish to use a UPS on my system, that will automatically shut down OS X if there is a power failure. I set my WinXP VM in fusion to not ask for confirmation on closing. I just wanted to know if the UPS triggers a OS X shutdown, will the Fusion VM do a "shut down - ie. close the computer" or "suspend" ?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well that depends on what version of Fusion you're using. IIRC I believe there was an issue with this a Fusion 1.x build, although I can't remember with one, however it was corrected at some point although which release I can't remember.

I know with Fusion 2.0.4 if I shutdown OS X with a Virtual Machine running it is automatically suspended because under VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Preferences ... > General > When closing a virtual machine: I have selected Suspend the virtual machine and the Confirm before closing check box unchecked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well that depends on what version of Fusion you're using. IIRC I believe there was an issue with this a Fusion 1.x build, although I can't remember with one, however it was corrected at some point although which release I can't remember.

I know with Fusion 2.0.4 if I shutdown OS X with a Virtual Machine running it is automatically suspended because under VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Preferences ... > General > When closing a virtual machine: I have selected Suspend the virtual machine and the Confirm before closing check box unchecked.

0 Kudos
mikeypas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

brilliant! sorry i missed it when looking around, but glad to know that fusion has so many options!!

thanks WoodyZ

0 Kudos