VMware Communities
VAs_RHD_Hachi_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

MAC + Fusion + Vista + WM6.1 & Windows Mobile Center Sync Issue

Hello,

Here is the situation, I'm current runnin Mac OS 10.5 on my MacBook Pro with Fusion Version 1.1.2, and Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1. I am only have one major issue, I have an HTC TyTn II Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and I can not get it to be recoginized by Vista. I've been using Missing Sync for Mac, but sometimes its buggy, Id rather just sync it up to Windows Mobile Center. I instaled the CD that game with my TyTn II in my Vista VM. When I try and connect my USB device for Fusion it gives me the option to connect "High Generic RNIDS" usb device. Windows had no device errors under the device manager. Also Windows Mobile Center will not even open in the VM.

Prior to my MacBook Pro I had a Dell D630 with Vista 64bit and had not problem sync'ing the device. I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem or if there is a work around. Someone said that I might have to install XP and use ActiveSync, but Id hate to waste time setting up a VM just to find out XP does not work either.

Thanks

www.ectoyotas.com

www.ectoyotas.com
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you get a log with USB debugging enabled as in ?

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

Have you updated WMC? Some of the newer Smartphones and PDAs only work with the updated WMC.

0 Kudos
VAs_RHD_Hachi_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Been awhile since I worked on the issue. Ok so upgraded my wmc to the latest version. I open windows mobile center and verified that it accepts USB connections. When I connect the RNIDS device using VMFusion thats all windows see it as, not as a TyTn II so windows mobile center cant even detect it. I then used VMWare fusion to connect up my Apple BlueTooth. BT installs in Vista and shows up, I tried to connect my TyTn II over bluetooth and Vista blue screens on me. Seems it doesnt like the bluetooth stuff. I'm going to mess with it more, but I'm about over Windows, hence why I have a Mac, and this WMobile is gone soon once the 3G Iphone gets cracked so I can use it here in Kuwait.

www.ectoyotas.com

www.ectoyotas.com
0 Kudos