VMware Communities
steffi2
Contributor
Contributor

Promo code for Fusion 3.x isn't working

"Was sent a promo code for version 3 but it's invalid on vmware's online store."

We apologize for the inconvenience as we are trying to work through the issue with the Promo codes. If you have a code that is not working, please email one of the following groups:

Fusion 3.x -

Workstation 7.x -

We are aiming to respond to all requests within 24 hours.

Message was edited by: etung. It's fusion_beta@vmware, not fusion-beta@vmware

0 Kudos
46 Replies
Doctair
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, I cut and past and even typed it out and still no go... Smiley Sad

I did have alot of trouble even logging in this morning so must be the site is getting hitting hard by all of die hard Fusion users.

Hope they fix this ASAP I only have 5 days left on my beta license...

0 Kudos
stefeb
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Promo code invalid.

0 Kudos
xgentryx
Contributor
Contributor

Same here - Promo code from private beta no workie.

0 Kudos
killee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I replied to the e-mail I received from VMware, letting them know the code was invalid. I don't know if anyone checks that e-mail address, but hopefully someone from VMware will see this note on the forum and fix the error.

It's a promo code for participating in the Beta program, correct?

I'll hold off making my purchase until the code is working. It was a very nice bonus to receive that e-mail, so I don't mind waiting a bit.

Kelly

0 Kudos
vmdkman
Contributor
Contributor

Mine promo 25% coupon doesn't work either. I thought it was just me. I copied it and also typed it out to no avail. I was on hold to talk to someone for 45+ minutes and I gave up. The site was very slow and pages not displaying right all day today. Hopefully they're have this worked out by tomorrow.

For those of you that are students you can get it for $39.99 for the full or $19.00 for the upgrade here:

http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/academicstore.html

0 Kudos
mrman5919
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same situation. It would be nice if this was resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Joseph_Strong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just adding my input, the promo code doesn't work for me either. Maybe tomorrow...

0 Kudos
MarkHolbrook
Contributor
Contributor

Mine too... so they have a problem it seems

0 Kudos
PHXHoward
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't get the promo coupon yet but I'm a student so I'm guessing that $19.00 is a better deal.

0 Kudos
xgentryx
Contributor
Contributor

Issues announced with registration system and overwhelming demand - additional 30 day key provided while kinks are worked out:

http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2009/10/addressing-the-overwhelming-demand-for-vmware-fusion-3-fr...

0 Kudos
Tomtomtom00712
Contributor
Contributor

@: Did you manage to order the academic upgrade for $19. I tried it the in online store, but it did not work out, see

Thx, Tom

0 Kudos
vmdkman
Contributor
Contributor

I tried the 25% off promo code for the 8th time just 10 minutes ago and it still didn't work. I'm starting to think that the whole upgrade/checkout portal is having problems. You would think a company as large as VMware would have their act together. They've been anouncing the release of 3 for a long time so they've had time to get ready.

Can an employee from VMware chime in and let us know if our 25% codes are going to work sooner or later or are we going to be issued new ones? Beta testers should get a free key for the hassle we've been put through. It's become a beta test of the checkout portal instead of beta testing for Fusion 3. Sometimes you just have to keep the customers happy even if you have to give stuff away.

0 Kudos
AdamBray
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We apologize for the inconvenience as we are trying to work through the issue with the Promo codes. If you have a code that is not working, please email one of the following groups:

Fusion 3.x -

Workstation 7.x -

We are aiming to respond to all requests within 24 hours.

Message was edited by: etung. It's fusion_beta@vmware, not fusion-beta@vmware

Best Regards, Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services
0 Kudos
Tomtomtom00712
Contributor
Contributor

The really bad thing about the matter is that especially the existing customers (who now want to upgrade) are in trouble. If you are a new customer and buy the full version of Fusion 3, most problems won't pop up. It's never good for a company to disappoint existing customers...they will never come back...

0 Kudos
Joseph_Strong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the contact. I don't quite understand why some people are getting so upset about this, reminds me of piranha when blood is in the water.

Thank you again for your prompt attention to this, and thanks for the beta tester discount.

Sincerely,

Joe

0 Kudos
killee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes it's quite surprising to see how upset everyone is getting. It's fine to be passionate about something but too many forum posts have lost the concept of reality - and version 2.0.6 works just fine for the rest of us. Give it a rest for day and VMware will have everything working again, okay?

I even read one post from a guy who was extremely upset because he "took the day off" to buy and upgrade VMware Fusion. Must be nice to have such a slack-a$$ job you can take the day off to upgrade some home software. Good grief. The promo code we received in e-mail was a bonus, so anyone who's upset the code isn't working needs to just chill out for a little while and wait to get your $10 or $15 off.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

to Private Message (PM) someone directly, click

on their name on the left hand side of the post. A new screen will open

up, on the right hand side under 'Actions', click on "send private

message"

0 Kudos
AdamBray
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please try the following procedure to redeem your promo code - let us know if this helps:

1. Exit the store page on your browser (i.e. close all browser windows except one and point it to a non-vmware site like google.com)

2. Clear your cache (history) and cookies.

a. Safari: 1. Choose "History" Menu, Select "Clear History" and 2. Go to "Safari" Menu, select "Preferences," Click "Show Cookies," choose "Remove All"

b. Mozilla Firefox: Choose "Tools" select "Options" and on "Privacy" tab, clear your history and remove all cookies.

c. Internet Explorer: Choose "Tools" and select "Internet Options" On General tab, in browsing history section, Choose "Delete" and select "Temporary Internet Files," "Cookies," and "History" and click on "Delete"

3. Exit your browser (close all open browser windows).

4. Re-launch your browser and try the promo code again.

Best Regards,

Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services

Best Regards, Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services
0 Kudos
Doctair
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe its just me, but I don't think I should have to clear all my cache on my browsers to input a promo code..

I know for a fact that if I clear Cookies and go back to own of my financial sites all my Stocks that I was watching are gone and I have to re-enter them all over again!!!

You may get even more people angry out there. Maybe I should download Opera 10 and try that as I never use it so maybe a clean browser would work.

If everyone follows your advice then you should but a disclaimer saying they may

lose cached passwords or saved items on certain websites.

Just my 2cents

0 Kudos