VMware Communities
steffi2
Contributor
Contributor

Promo code for Fusion 3.x isn't working

"Was sent a promo code for version 3 but it's invalid on vmware's online store."

We apologize for the inconvenience as we are trying to work through the issue with the Promo codes. If you have a code that is not working, please email one of the following groups:

Fusion 3.x -

Workstation 7.x -

We are aiming to respond to all requests within 24 hours.

Message was edited by: etung. It's fusion_beta@vmware, not fusion-beta@vmware

0 Kudos
46 Replies
Joseph_Strong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It worked, but that is somewhat of a bother - having the history and

cookies thrown out...

0 Kudos
dkurz8814
Contributor
Contributor

I have not yet recieved my promo code. How many of you have?

0 Kudos
vmdkman
Contributor
Contributor

I think most that have posted on this thread have. I forwarded the VMware employee that posed earlier my email with the 25% promo but I haven't heard back from him yet. I tried the cookie, cache clearing on two different computer and two different browsers and it did not work for me. I always have my browser (Firefox) clear everything when I close it so it shouldn't have made a difference for me. Maybe the guy that got it to work got a promo code that works?

0 Kudos
AdamBray
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Vmdkman - please check your inbox

Best Regards,

Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services

Best Regards, Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services
0 Kudos
vmdkman
Contributor
Contributor

Props to Adam Bray the Vmware employee, he PM'd me right away when he saw my post regarding my promo code not working. He immediately sent me a new one which worked!!! Just an FYI my original code started string started with CM <code deleted>.

The replacement code that Adam gave me was started with CC<code deleted>. You maybe the ones that only work are the new ones that start with CC?

Good luck guys!

0 Kudos
AdamBray
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks vmdkman - promo codes can only be used once.

Best Regards,

Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services

Best Regards, Adam Bray | Manager, VMware Global Support Services
0 Kudos
vmdkman
Contributor
Contributor

Adman, my bad for posting the promo code. I see that you removed it.

Thanks for making me a believer in Vmware's customer service.

Hats off to you man.

0 Kudos
steffi2
Contributor
Contributor

The CM code I got was rejected but when I replace it with CC instead it results in getting past the error but the discount isn't applied at final checkout.

0 Kudos
topcho
Contributor
Contributor

Can I apply the academic upgrade to my existent nonacademic version?

0 Kudos
killee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As requested I sent a private message to AdamBray with my old promo code and received a prompt reply with a new code that worked fine. I got the 25% discount for being a Private Beta Tester, made my purchase and am downloading the software right now.

I am pretty happy with the process, even despite the hiccups VMware had with the launch yesterday. The software is hands down the best virtualization platform out there, and works much better on the Mac than Parallels did for me.

thanks,

kelly

0 Kudos
Joseph_Strong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We still have a problem, Fusion is still telling me that my trial

account will expire in 4 days. I bought the upgrade with the promo

code, uninstalled Fusion, and then reinstalled, but the small grey

warning box is still popping up. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need to enter the upgrade license key you received with your upgrade purchase into Licenses in the VMware Fusion menu. Once you enter your VMware Fusion 3 upgrade license key, you will be set.

0 Kudos
taxman
Contributor
Contributor

I too participated in the beta program and have not received a promo code. Are they still being sent out?

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We sent them out not once, but again yesterday just to be sure. Must be stuck in a spam filter or in an account you forgot about.

Check your private message for a workaround.

0 Kudos
taxman
Contributor
Contributor

I checked the spam folder and nothing is there.

0 Kudos
killee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I received another promo code yesterday. Fortunately I had already gotten a previous one to work, thanks to VMware help, and already made my purchase.

0 Kudos
SchneiderIS
Contributor
Contributor

I think people wouldn't be so passionate if they hadn't experienced so many problems in the past and were hopeful for a change. Personally I didn't get a promo code sent to me and am bummed that I am missing out.

0 Kudos
thabaer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm unable to use my existing login account to buy the V3 upgrade.

Just to clarify, does the promo code problem manifest as being unable to apply it ? Both my original CMxxx coupon code and the substitute sent yesterday update the price minus the 25% discount with no apparent problem.

When I try to check out using my email-usernamed account, the password is never accepted. The store "forgot password" operation seems to have no problem changing my password and letting me log in with a new one, but only to VMware pages OTHER than the store.

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm unable to use my existing login account to buy the V3 upgrade.

This is a separate issue for the customer service team.

Just to clarify, does the promo code problem manifest as being unable to apply it ? Both my original CMxxx coupon code and the substitute sent yesterday update the price minus the 25% discount with no apparent problem.

Good, that is what I would expect.

When I try to check out using my email-usernamed account, the password is never accepted. The store "forgot password" operation seems to have no problem changing my password and letting me log in with a new one, but only to VMware pages OTHER than the store.

Call Customer Service, I can't help you on this one, sorry!

Pat

0 Kudos
thabaer
Contributor
Contributor

I went the customer service route first, they were unable to help. I can't order by phone due to the "unusually large" volume of Fusion orders. I assume when I can get through that they will honor the discount (not that -$10 is a big deal...)

Edit: Just to be clear, I mean paying an extra $10 is still a good deal!

Thanks to the VMware gang for quick responses on this.

0 Kudos