VMware Communities
aeberbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scale 640x480 image to full screen - games under Windows XP

Diablo III announced last week sparked some nostalgia and I pulled out Diablo to use in Windows XP full screen. When the game switches to 640x480 it's a postage stamp in the middle of a black 1600x1200 monitor.

- is scaling a function of the video adapter, i.e. VMWare SVGA II emulated adapter, can it be made to do this?

- is it a function of the monitor? The Dell 2007FP (A03) doesn't appear to support this. A CRT would do this by default.

Finally why doesn't ALT work - in Diablo it is used to bring up the names of things dropped in the game, doesn't work when the game is running in a Fusion XP session.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

- is scaling a function of the video adapter, i.e. VMWare SVGA II emulated adapter, can it be made to do this?

See : Fit Full Screen

- is it a function of the monitor? The Dell 2007FP (A03) doesn't appear to support this. A CRT would do this by default.

We're not actually changing the video mode, it's still in 1600x1200 (just with a 640x480 window in the middle of the screen). You could change the monitor resolution, but I think it would be better to use Fusion's scaling.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

See : Fit Full Screen

We're not actually changing the video mode, it's still in 1600x1200 (just with a 640x480 window in the middle of the screen). You could change the monitor resolution, but I think it would be better to use Fusion's scaling.

0 Kudos
aeberbach
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great! It is noted that it doesn't work in 2.0b1 but I'm looking forward to trying this out in the next beta (or if I go back a version just for this feature).

0 Kudos