VMware Communities
Krowten
Contributor
Contributor

Screen/Window Flash in Fusion 6

I just upgraded to Fusion 6 on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2010 model).  Everything seems to work fine, but one annoying new behavior started and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it and/or if it can be corrected.

I typically run my Mac with multiple desktops and switch between them using Control-Arrow.  I need a Windows 7 VM up most of the day to do some work, so I keep it running on the desktop to my logical right.  I've worked this way with Fusion for years.  So this way I can quickly switch back and forth between the two desktops depending on what I'm working on.

The new behavior in Fusion 6 is that when I switch to the desktop that has my Win 7 vm running (ctrl-right arrow) the VM screen/window flashes.  It only flashes if the Win7 VM is up (window or maximized), if it is minimized to the dock, no flash.

I know this is somewhat of a nit, but it is annoying to me and did not happen under Fusion 5.  I'm wondering if there is some setting I can tweak to correct this behavior? Anyone else seen this?

On a side note, I was going to email support, but I can't seem to register my copy yet.  I called VMware and apparently, it takes several days before you can register.  They kept claiming I bought it from a 3rd party even though I ordered it and paid for it right on their web site.  Guess I'll wait a few days and try and register so I can email support.

Thanks.

Matt

0 Kudos
7 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
Krowten
Contributor
Contributor

Ahh, thanks. I didn't think to search for blink!  That's a touch one to search for.

Matt

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Just an FYI...

VMware has released VMware Fusion 6.0.1 and it has fixed this issue.

VMware Fusion 6.0.1 Release Notes

Click here to download VMware Fusion 6.0.1

0 Kudos
Andreoli
Contributor
Contributor

I am running 6.0.1 and the behavior is still happening.

0 Kudos
Krowten
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, it appears to have fixed it for me.

Matt

0 Kudos
Andreoli
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have "Accelerate 3D Graphics" support enabled or disabled for the VM?

Mine is enabled and it still flashes when I swipe from full screen OSX to full screen VM.

0 Kudos
Krowten
Contributor
Contributor

I do have 3D Acceleration enabled.

I'm not going from full screen to non-full. I'm switch between desktops.  That was where I was seeing the flashing.

Matt

0 Kudos