VMware Communities
REShaman
Contributor
Contributor

Slingbox Player for Slingbox PRO-HD, Fusion 2.0.2, WinXP PRO SP3. HD Video Yes. Audio No!

Recently, I setup a Slingbox PRO-HD to send TV to my BlackBerry and to my computers. I installed the Mac version of the Slingbox Player which only allows SD video and analog audio. Video and audio works without a problem. Booted Fusion 2.0.2 and downloaded the Windows version of Slingbox Player which supports 1080i (big difference from SD) and started the player. Really nice video BUT NO SOUND!. The icon lower right corner for Sound was blue. Tech support at SlingMedia tested out my installation remotely. The video and audio played correctly for them in Windows XP Pro. They suggested I uninstall the Slingbox Player software and reinstall, which I did. Still no sound. Booted into Boot Camp partition, installed the player. Great video and sound! Sound works in Boot Camp but not in that partition within Fusion. Installed the player on a Dell laptop in Windows XP Pro, SP3, works flawlessly. Does anyone have any experience with Slingbox Player running in Win XP Pro SP3 within Fusion 2.0.2?

On a prior occasion, my BlackBerry Storm stopped being detected via USB with Fusion 2.0.2 after booting up BlackBerry's Desktop Manager. Support from the Forum was marvelous and discovered from one post that it was not a problem with Fusion but rather a program running in 10.5.6, specifically Missing Sync which was affecting the Windows side. Who would have put that together? Someone did. Wondering if something outside of Fusion is blocking the audio for the Slingbox Player or is there an incompatibility with Fusion and the player. I have sound when playing a CD or other devices. Any ideas? Help is appreciated.

Best,

Richard

0 Kudos
1 Reply
REShaman
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, this morning visited the VMWare Forum and chanced upon a solution offered by Woody Z for someone else's problem related to mine in that audio was missing after installing 2.0.3. Woody's solution was to exit Fusion. Disconnect the sound card. Reconnect the sound card. Boot up Fusion. I adopted that solution for my problem and it worked. I now have HD video and stereo audio after installing Slingplayer on the Windows side in my Mac Pro a few days ago and encountered the audio missing. Thank you Woody Z whose solutions for so many are abundantly offered. No one had even ventured a solution to my problem and SlingMedia tech support could only offer that my configuration was not supported by Slingbox et al. Thank you Woody!!!! :-].

Best,

Richard

Since discovered that disconnecting and reconnecting sound card is not a permanent solution. Lose audio when using Slingbox Player and have to go through the same loop each time. That is not satisfactory. Something is disturbing the audio when I boot up Slingplayer that does not happen if I play a music CD. One clue that it will work is that I hear the boot up "music" when Windows start after going through the disconnect connect routine. If I don't hear that, I know audio will not function for Slingplayer.

What to do?

0 Kudos