VMware Communities
Troux_Lorin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Support request website broken

When I first attempt to create a support request (as requested by Fusion when the guest crashed), I see someone else's report (briefly).

Then, after filling in all the fields, clicking "continue" fails with the message

"'Account' is a required field. Please enter a value for the field. (SBL-DAT-00498)"

Pretty annoying...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yakman5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You'll need to call into VMware support, they'll have to populate a field within your profile.

877-4-VMWARE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What browser are you trying to file with?

0 Kudos
Troux_Lorin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Safari, then Firefox. Same issue both times.

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That's strange. I will check into it.

Thanks for letting us know.

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Go ahead and try this again. I do see what you are talking about but if you let it site for a few seconds it will refresh and reset to a blank SR filing form.

0 Kudos
Troux_Lorin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't care much about the flash of someone else's report. The problem still exists with "'Account' is a required field. Please enter a value for the field. (SBL-DAT-00498)"

Did you try actually filing a report? I cannot, because the field (hidden?) is not visible.

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I did not but I had someone who had access to some accounts for testing go through the full process in both Safari and Camino on a Mac.

It is possible something happened to your store account. If you could PM me the email address you are registered with I can have some look into this and help you to file a case.

0 Kudos
mindtrik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the problem.

Tried with Safari, then with Firefox.

I would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you.

Donald.

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you are getting the same error please PM me your email addy so we can get it taken care of.

Specifically this error:

"'Account' is a required field. Please enter a value for the field. (SBL-DAT-00498)"

0 Kudos
yakman5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You'll need to call into VMware support, they'll have to populate a field within your profile.

877-4-VMWARE

0 Kudos
iberia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same problem, PM sent.

0 Kudos