VMware Communities
DanyahJ
Contributor
Contributor

Transport (VMDB) error -14: Pipe connection has been broken

Greetings,

I recently uninstall and reinstall my VMware pro workstation, when I downloaded Windows 10 iso image an error popped up saying Transport (VMDB) error -14: Pipe connection has been broken, I checked my system preferences > security and privacy to check if there is any msg but unfortunately there's nothing 😞 

so how can I start up the Windows virtual machine and overcome this issue? 

BTW, yesterday I updated my mac to Monterey v12.2

I generated the log zip file if it might help 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Even though you stated you "reinstalled VMware Pro Workstation", you then stated you "upgraded your Mac to Monterey 12.2"...  so I assume you actually meant VMware Fusion.    What version of Fusion are you using?  What type of Mac?

0 Kudos
sirbotte
Contributor
Contributor

the same error. also tried to reinstall and start with a clean iso original image .iso. 

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

@sirbotte wrote:

the same error. also tried to reinstall and start with a clean iso original image .iso. 

Same questions to you as to the OP, then... version of Fusion?  Type of Mac?  any other details you can give?

0 Kudos
sirbotte
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion version: 12.2.1 (18811640)

MacBook Pro 16" M1 pro, SO: Monterey 12.2 

I know that VMware work with rosetta but ALL the program that are already working in that way doesn't cause any problems at all...

Firstly I've try with a recovered bkp image of the entire system, now I've make a clean install of the system and obviously VMware. 

Same problem. Impossible to open any images. 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@sirbotte wrote:

Fusion version: 12.2.1 (18811640)

MacBook Pro 16" M1 pro, SO: Monterey 12.2 

I know that VMware work with rosetta but ALL the program that are already working in that way doesn't cause any problems at all...

Firstly I've try with a recovered bkp image of the entire system, now I've make a clean install of the system and obviously VMware. 

Same problem. Impossible to open any images. 

Fusion 12 does not work with Rosetta. Fusion 12 is not supported and does not work on M1 Macs. The GUI appears to work, but the rest of the product does not. The only version of Fusion that works on M1 Macs is the Tech Preview.

You also don't say if those virtual machine images that are giving you the error messages come from an Intel Mac. If so, those will not and never run on anyone's virtualization product on an M1 Mac. Trying to run an Intel virtual machine on a M1 Mac with Fusion 12 is one of the causes of this error message.

Only ARM architecture virtual machines will run on M1 Macs. The only way Intel architecture virtual machines will possibly run on an M1 Mac is on an Intel CPU emulation product such as QEMU or UTM.

You might want to read Running Fusion and upgrading from an Intel Mac to an M1 Mac? Read this first. It has more information on what you can and can not do with Fusion and the Tech Preview on an an M1 Mac.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos