VMware Communities
Krowten
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WebGL/Hardware Acceleration Not Working With Edge Under Windows 11 ARM

I am running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 ARM (22631.2861) under VMware Fusion Pro 13.5 (22583790).  I ran into an issue where I had a web application that uses WebGL.  This application is working fine under Chrome (120.0.6099.200) and Firefox (121.0), but under Microsoft Edge (120.0.2210.91 ) it is not working.  When I go to webglreport.com it says that Edge supports WebGL it but it is not working or not available.

So I checked that hardware acceleration is enabled in Edge, and it is.  But then I checked the gpu info (edge://gpu) and I discovered in Edge, Hardware Acceleration is Unavailable.  In Chrome (chrome://gpu) it is available and works fine.

Is this just a known issue with Edge on Windows 11 ARM under VMware Fusion? Is there any way to get hardware acceleration to work with Edge? It works perfectly fine with Chrome and Firefox.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I don't have an ARM-based Windows (whether physical or VM), so this is just a shot in the dark.

Have you tried going to edge://flags and enable "Override software rendering list"?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I don't have an ARM-based Windows (whether physical or VM), so this is just a shot in the dark.

Have you tried going to edge://flags and enable "Override software rendering list"?

Krowten
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did the trick! I enabled that setting and now WebGL works!  Thanks so much!

Matt

0 Kudos