VMware Communities
pjv
Contributor
Contributor

anywhere to file bug reports for beta 2?

sorry if this is here somewhere, i couldn't find it. the only link i see in the support area is for reporting bugs on beta 1. beta 2 is crashing for me (i have downgraded back to beta 1) and i have cores and logs and stuff.

if there is a place to report bugs for beta 2, could someone post a link to it, or could someone from vmware confirm that i should go ahead and post my beta 2 stuff to the beta 1 link?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Here you go:

http://www.vmware.com/support/services/Beta.html

It's worth noting Help > Online Support doesn't take you to the above link.

0 Kudos
Andreas_Masur
Expert
Expert

Here you go:

http://www.vmware.com/support/services/Beta.html

Well...but that lets you only report bugs for the Beta 1 and not Beta 2 which he was looking for. It comes down to the question whether VMware will set up a dedicated Beta 2 support (which I would expect) or rather want to have reports going through the existing Beta 1 one...

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Please report bugs under the Fusion Beta 1 listing. A "bug" has been reported to the support team to change the label.

Thanks,

Pat

0 Kudos
pjv
Contributor
Contributor

thanks pat.

0 Kudos
jeliker
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm trying to file a bug report and I get the message "Wrong field values or value types detected in field Description. Please re-enter your field values. If you need additional assistance, please refer to the documentation.(SBL-UIF-00299)" when I submit the ticket. I don't know what that reference number is nor what I am doing wrong.

0 Kudos
yakman5
Contributor
Contributor

error message you are receiving is because you've exceeded the character limit for the description field which is 2500. you'll have to attach the logs and summarize the error.

0 Kudos
jeliker
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, thank you. Silly me not recognizing that in the error message...

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ah, thank you. Silly me not recognizing that in the

error message...

It is now our turn to report a bug to Siebel for their excellent error messages! Smiley Happy

Pat

0 Kudos