VMware Networking Community
zeebahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Marking DSCP using L3/L4 fields in NSX

Hi everyone,

Let's  say we have two DC1 under the control of same NSX manger. A  overlay segment-100 has been stretched between two DC1 so we have E-W traffic between DC1 and DC2.

SEG-A100 is logical switching segment with subnet 100.100.100.0/24,  Same hosts say H1 100.100.100.100  can generate CIFS/NFS file transfer traffic and it can  generate light  traffic such as ssh.  Underlay network is configured to regard AF11 marked traffic as " BulK" traffic class while traffic marked with C2 as " OAM" traffic class.

How can use mark traffic in NSX? I look at segment profile option, but it does not provide any option to factor in IPS, layer 4 info  to set DSCP.

Much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chandrakm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To my knowledge that option is not available yet.

Cheers,
Chandra | 2xVCIX | CCIE | TOGAF
Please KUDO helpful posts and mark the thread as solved if answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chandrakm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should be able to set DSCP and COS under NSX switching profiles in NSX manager mode. Please refer below:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX/4.1/administration/GUID-574B3FE2-5ABF-4AF4-BF0E-A86E17D0AF19.h...

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX/4.1/administration/GUID-D6396BD7-6A9B-41D0-AD7D-E67CF5542524.h...

Cheers,
zeebahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks you so much.

It is same thing in  policy mode under QOS profile which is under segment profile.

But I do not any option where we can define IPS, TCP/UDP port number as  a criteria to set DSCP.

Example 1.1.1.1 TCP 23 should be marked as DSCP  EF.  I do not see anywhere where I can define these parameters in QOS profile.

0 Kudos
chandrakm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To my knowledge that option is not available yet.

Cheers,
zeebahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Appreciated!!

0 Kudos