VMware Networking Community
robert_eckdale
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remove IPv6 Configuration on NSX Managers

Recently deployed an NSX v4.1 Cluster as part of a DWF implementation project. When I deployed the NSX managers I configured both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses but I've run into some name resolution issues that appear to be related to the IPv6 configuration. I'd like to simply remove the IPv6 configuration from each NSX Manager. The only clear documentation I've found suggests I re-deploy each node in a rolling fashion. Any other suggestions? What am I missing here?

Note: The NSX Managers are literally doing nothing right now so there should be no concerns about impact to production services.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bmcb555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately the only method I know is to redeploy in a rolling fashion. If you've not integrated yet with vCenter it might be quicker just to tear down and rebuild. I hope you get a more satisfactory answer 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bmcb555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately the only method I know is to redeploy in a rolling fashion. If you've not integrated yet with vCenter it might be quicker just to tear down and rebuild. I hope you get a more satisfactory answer 

robert_eckdale
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I had already given up on a simple solution and just burned it to the ground and started over.