VMware Cloud Community
AGVM1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't get ESXi Customizer to work

I am trying to customize an ESXi 8.0 image so I can add the driver for my RAID hardware to allow ESXi to detect my drives (currently no drives detected, but drives are detected everywhere else (Hiren, BIOS, Windows, etc))

Drive in server is configured as JBOD for now

On my computer where I'm trying to run the ESXi customizer:

Windows 10 64 Bit

Python 3.11.2 Installed

Python 3.7.0 Installed

When trying to run this: C:\Downloads\ESXi-Customizer-PS-v2.6.0.ps1

This occurs:

"An unexpected error occured:
Could not initialize the VMware.ImageBuilder PowerCLI module. Make sure that Python 3.7 is installed and that you have set the path to the Python executable by using Set-PowerCLIConfiguration -PythonPath. See the PowerCLI Compatibility Matrixes for information on the Python requirements."

Images included. Python is clearly installed as both Powershell and Appwiz see it. I've also added Python to PATH on 3.11.2 and 3.7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AGVM1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Revo uninstalled python stuff, uninstalled it through choco, reinstalled it through choco, reinstalled required packages, used CD C:\<path> which I didnt know I had to do, and ran it and now we are good!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AGVM1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've now also attempted this with the newer version of the script, same issue.

0 Kudos
AGVM1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Revo uninstalled python stuff, uninstalled it through choco, reinstalled it through choco, reinstalled required packages, used CD C:\<path> which I didnt know I had to do, and ran it and now we are good!

0 Kudos