VMware Performance Community
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem with initializing OlioDB virtual machine

Hi,

I have been using VMmark 2.1 over the course of the past six month for our performance evaluations. Recently I have started seeing the following error message when the harness attempts to initialize OlioDB0 virtual machine:

Stafcmd: Tile0: FS Copy file: ConfigServer_OLIOjspDB.sh failed with RC = 22, STARFResult = STAFConnectionWriteUInt: Error writing to socket: send() RC=10054: 22

I can ping the virtual machine, I can also ping it using STAF (STAF oliodb0 ping ping --> pong).

If I modify the WORKLOADLIST in the vmmark2.config file so that it only includes OlioDB, the initialization goes through and I can see the VM doing initialization. But when I revert WORKLOADLIST to the original, I receive the above error message. I would appreciate your help in trying to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Amin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, my apologies, I figured out the issue. I had another copy of the same VM running on a separate server, which was causing an IP conflict with the main VM that the test was trying to initialize. I got rid of the copy and everything started working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, my apologies, I figured out the issue. I had another copy of the same VM running on a separate server, which was causing an IP conflict with the main VM that the test was trying to initialize. I got rid of the copy and everything started working fine.

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for updating your post as it's helpful to other readers. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos