VMware Communities
alwayshere
Contributor
Contributor

64 Bit Guest OS Problem on Fedora Core 8 ( 64 Bit ) Host

Hi,

I carefully read some of the posts on this subject but solutions couldn't solve the problem.

First time I wanted to create a VM with 64 Bit Centos OS workstation displayed the famous error "This CPU is VT capable but VT is not enabled. (Check your bios/firmware settings)." I enabled it from the bios ( I enabled everything about virtualization.). It didn't work.

I did the following solutions: cold restart, powercycle, even I uninstalled and then reinstalled the workstation. It still didn't work. When I run the cpu check utility result is: "This host is capable of running a 64-bit guest operating system under this VMware product."

Any other ideas on this problem?

Host OS: Fedora Core 8 64 Bit.

Workstation Version: 6.0.3 build-80004 ( 64 Bit )

CPUs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz ( Dual CPU )

Thanks...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Search the forum for "vt.iso". Download that image, burn to CD, boot your host with that. It will give much more/better diagnostics to you.

Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal

Upgrade BIOS firmware to the newest available, then reenable VT, cold boot...

0 Kudos
alwayshere
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

But i only found the link below for the "vt.iso" and it is not working. Is there any other link for this file? or can someone upload this file to somewhere?

http://ftpsite.vmware.com/download/vt.iso

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry. I need to find a better place to put that. It's available from ftpsite.vmware.com again.

0 Kudos
Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal

Absolutely Smiley Wink

0 Kudos