VMware Communities
David9876
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Auto Deploy randomly hangs on Loading VMware ESXi

So in my lab, I have auto deploy working with host profiles. However about every 3 (randomly) boot on the same VM it the auto deploy hangs on the "Loading VMware ESXi" Screen.

Loading /vmw/cache/38/6fetc etc etc. The bar always fills to about 90% and them 1 out of 3 times hangs forever and never finishes.

The VC auto deploy screen says only 330mb of 2gb cache is used.

I have downloaded the Auto Deploy Logs, and there is nothing that has Error just Debug/Info. (no idea what exactly to look for)

What is causing this? What else can I check?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
crawfordm
Expert
Expert

Is your autodeploy server, vCenter and the ESXi vm's all on the same workstation host?  Also, which version of Workstation are you using?

------------------------------------------------------------------ If you found this answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Thanks, Marc Crawford CCNA, MCSE, MCTS, A+, Net+, Sec +, VCA-WM, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-NV, VCP-NV, VCP-DCV, VCP, VCAP5-DCA http://gplus.to/marccrawford http://blog.marccrawford.com @uber_tech_geek
0 Kudos
David9876
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually its VMware player 5.0. All are on the physical server.

The vCenter is on one VM while player is on a separate VM.

Player is pxebooting and pulling the ESXi image.

0 Kudos
rachelsg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

It seems might be some driver problem or the deployment config problem ,

Please share more log file.

0 Kudos
David9876
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So far I'm starting to thing its the network. Since its shared lab I did some tests on the weekends/night. I was able to Auto Deploy about 20 times in a row with no issues.

0 Kudos
yosingh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Even i got the same problem, ESXi booting stuck at the same place as David9876 has given screenshot.
I would really appreciate quick help.

0 Kudos
Chhatter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yosingh,

Did you ever manage to figure out what the problem was? I am facing the same issue.

0 Kudos