VMware Communities
claudiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Display quality with Windows 10 guest after upgrade

Hi,

I upgraded to 12.5.0, updated and installed the VMware Tools in a Windows guest. Then, I installed the latest patches from Microsoft. Now, the quality of the rendering is terrible when using the "autofit guest" option, as if a low definition image were magnified, especially the characters. I suspected that something could be wrong with the Microsoft patches or the Tools, so I started a snapshot of the same guest from August, but the problem is still there, so now I suspect that the problem is the 12.5.0 upgrade, but I don't see anybody reporting the same problem. I don't have any problem with other guests, including some Linux and a Windows 7. I will try to downgrade to the previous version, but has anybody the same problem, or maybe a solution? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
claudiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I can confirm that moving back to 12.1.1 solved the problem, no need to rollback to a previous snapshot or to reinstall the (older) VMWare Tools, just started the guest and the characters were ok, so it's definitely a Workstation upgrade problem. If someone from VMWare wants to investigate, he/she can contact me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
claudiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I can confirm that moving back to 12.1.1 solved the problem, no need to rollback to a previous snapshot or to reinstall the (older) VMWare Tools, just started the guest and the characters were ok, so it's definitely a Workstation upgrade problem. If someone from VMWare wants to investigate, he/she can contact me.

0 Kudos
TracyHuang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the posting!

Would you please provide more details since we cannot reproduce the issue locally:

1. The host and guest OS you are using, specially is the guest OS win10 1607 or 1511? It would be better if you can provide the version, e.g. version 10.9.xxxxx.

2. The detail reproduce steps so that we can try to verify this locally.

3. The VMware.log and ui log, you may get the information from menu -> Help -> About VMware Workstation 12 pro.

0 Kudos