VMware Communities
Prunesquallor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to deinstall VMWare 6.5.2 Under Vista Ultimate Host?

Dear All,

Had a search and couldn't see anything quite like this. I'm attempting to uninstall VMWare 6.5.2 and, er, it won't.

I kick off the install, and after lots of gathering of information and Windows configuration, I get this requester: 'You currently have licences for one or more VMWare products stored in your Windows registry. Do you want to keep them in case you reinstall those products on this computer?' If I hit 'No' I get a requester showing my licence (actually shows 6.0 and it should be 6.5.2). If I hit cancel the install aborts.

So I've got the requester showing my licence. If I select the licence and hit ok, I get: 'Removing this licence may prevent you from installing upgrade versions of VMWare products. Are you sure you want to remove this licence? Click No to keep the licence key.' I click on Yes. The install aborts.

If I click on 'No', the install aborts. In all cases the bar nicely goes backwards to the left and the deinstaller exits.

Is there any way of getting past the requesters and deinstalling? Or is there a nice deinstall utility?

Thanks,

Prune.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

at the bottom of KB article Cleaning Up After Incomplete Uninstallation on a Windows Host there is a cleanup tool, maybe it will be helpful?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

at the bottom of KB article Cleaning Up After Incomplete Uninstallation on a Windows Host there is a cleanup tool, maybe it will be helpful?

0 Kudos
Prunesquallor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Troy,

Thanks - it looks like a mix of the tool and the manual instructions seems to have got rid of it!

ATB

John B

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

please consider awarding points by marking answers as "correct" or "helpful"

0 Kudos
Prunesquallor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Troy,

I thought I had - how do I do it? I clicked on a radiobutton that said 'this is the answer'?

ATB

John B

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

all good! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Prunesquallor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I found it. It's unlike any of the other flagging systems I've used (where you alloocate points on the reply)...

0 Kudos