VMware Communities
batikan_dogan
Contributor
Contributor

SONY VAIO's Scroll Lock function and Keyboard/Mouse Release/Grab conflict (Fn+Num Lk)

Hello Friends,

I wanted to give a feedback on Scroll Lock function of Sony Vaio laptop computers and release/grab control of keyboard/mouse inputs conflict I have just encountered for the first time in this morning. I think I pressed Fn and Num Lk buttons unintendly, I wasn't able to release my keyboard inputs and mouse cursor from any of my running virtual computers. Smiley Sad It was very serious problem, to be able to release the keyboard and mouse inputs from the virtual computers, I had to click Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring Windows Security screen and click Task Manager and on the Task Manager window I click Ctrl+Alt so I was able to release the keyboard/mouse inputs. (Also I tried to change Ctrl+Alt buttons from Edit/Preferences menu)  Also after releasing keyboard/mouse input when I clicked to a virtual computer again, it wasn't able to grab keyboard/mouse inputs properly (I understood this thanks Num Lk and Caps Lk indicators on the keybaord). During this problem, I also realized a green icon for the first time on the taskbar that says Scr Lk is enabled. I didn't know what that is, I searched how to disable this and fortunately, I found the Fn+Num Lk buttons to enable/disable Scr Lk thanks to a friend on the Sony Vaio support forum. Smiley Happy After disable scroll lock, the problem is fixed. Smiley Happy What causes the conflict/working improperly the keyboard/mouse grab/release control on the VMs is scroll lock. Thank you for reading my feedback.

Adding: My VMware Workstation version is 11.1.3 build-3206955.

0 Kudos
0 Replies