VMware Communities
rabbie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to register VMware Workstation 8 (for linux)

Hi All,

I'm trying to register my workstation 8 license but the "Enter Serial" option is not available in Help when I connect using the vSphere client.

Here is an image of the help menu when I connect with my vSphere client.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mfelker
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

From the screenshsot it looks to me like you are not running WS - therefore how could enter the license key for that product?  I don't know what the licensing is for vShere however it is a seperate product  I believe there is another forum for vShere.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mfelker
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

From the screenshsot it looks to me like you are not running WS - therefore how could enter the license key for that product?  I don't know what the licensing is for vShere however it is a seperate product  I believe there is another forum for vShere.

0 Kudos
rabbie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hokay... I was under the (very) mistaken impression that you could connect to a vmware workstation linux installation with the standard vsphere client..

Seems to manage it you need to install vmware workstation on your windows pc also and remotely connect to your linux install from there.

Then again it is a "desktop" product and so you should be using it on a desktop computer... not a computer with console only access.

Thanks for your help mfelker

0 Kudos