VMware Communities
farid110
Contributor
Contributor

"New Virtual Machine Wizard" window size problem in Linux

Hello

I just installed latest VMware WorkStation Pro (15.02) and connected my ESXI server on KALI Linux (newly installed)

I am trying to create a new REMOTE SERVER virtual machine but the window height is too long ,so options and configuration buttons are off the screen

I don't have this problem in LOCAL virtual machine creation

I can add that I was in FullScreen mode (Connected to one the remote virtual machines and entered FullScreen mode) that I decided to create a new one and trying to do that , I faced this issue (Maybe useful for solution :smileysilly:)

I tried resizing but window is locked and cannot be resized further than specific size

I tried uninstalling Vmware WorkStation Pro and choose to delete configuration files either (It seems to not have all the configurations deleted because when I installed VMware again I saw my remote server which I added before) [I think maybe fully uninstalling with everything deleted can be helpful, But I don't know how to do it]

Now , Is there a way to fix this issue ? Maybe it is not a critical one but it is too annoying

**Update**

Tested on freshly installed CentOS and the same result

I think it is a visual bug and intresting part is that it is only on REMOTE server wizard, LOCAL server creation wizard is OK.

any Idea ?

2 Replies
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is it because the resolution on you host is too small? Can you manage to make the resolution bigger, maybe by install video driver in host?

farid110
Contributor
Contributor

My laptop is Acer ES1-572-59GU. It has Intel HD Graphics 520 and it is automatically installed

I ensured installation by going to Setting/Details/About under GNOME desktop environment. Max supported resolution is 1366x768 and configured resolution in my OS is the same

And as I said before I have this problem just on REMOTE server creation wizard and LOCAL one is OK which both of them are basically the same but REMOTE wizard has some bugs I think

I can provide you any command output needed.

Here are some pics:

0 Kudos