VMware {code} Community
JasonApt
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade vsphere wb client from 5.1 to 5.5 fails

Hello -

I have been successful in upgrading all vcenter 5.1 components to 5.5 with the exception of the web client.  I have a single server with SQL express hosting SSO, vCenter, Update Manager, inventory service and web client (5.1).  The upgrade for the web client gets about half way through the install process and then errors out with the below message.  I have looked through the logs but can't seem to find a specific reason for the failure.  Also I am unable to uninstall the 5.1 web client because it can't find the original web client msi file.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See if this helps

VMware KB: Error 1720 occurs during install

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
JasonApt
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry this does not help the situation as I have one NIC staticly configured on this server.

0 Kudos
SethMitchell
Contributor
Contributor

Jason, have you a found resolution to this issue?

I am experiencing the same exact error, and have not found any leads.

1720 Web Client.JPG

0 Kudos
rabittom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

did anyone fixed this Problem?

We have exactly the same one.

0 Kudos
SethMitchell
Contributor
Contributor

It took three days for support to get back with me so I tried what I could to get it installed in the meantime. I uninstalled all 5.5 components and removed any trace I could find in the registry. Next, I tried a Custom 5.5 install and directed all installers to the C: drive. With my errors before, I was attempting the install on a separate drive. This is what worked for me, YMMV. When support got with me later, I was told that they recommended installing the Web Client on the default C: to avoid any issues.

0 Kudos