VMware Cloud Community
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cloning

Hey guys,

We attempted to restore a machine using Veeam application but failed.  We could temporary mount the VM on the Veeams server's end (Instant Recovery) but when we migrate to production, the process failed.  Opening a case with Veeam support.

My question is if they couldn't help us (assumption), could we just clone the machine using VMware feature.  The machine basically could be mounted but the image is on the Veeam backup server (might run slow).

We are on VMware 5.5.

Thanks,

TT

0 Kudos
3 Replies
baber
Expert
Expert

Hi Dear friend

you said want restore your backup with veeam for restore your if you get backup with veeam thus must restore that with veeam and now there is not any relation between clone and backup because backup is your previous status and clone you have to get now but if normally you could not restore your backup with veeam

on veeam server go to this directory :

C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup

and run Veeam.Backup.Extractor.exe

then select your backup and extract it then upload your file to your esxi datastore and run your vm

BR

Babak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just noticed that the clone option is not enabled when the temporary machine is mounted on Veeam backup.  I think I understand the command you specific which will allow me to extract that machine out and do the manual upload on VMware.

Thanks,
TT

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Dear t

Hi

since that you want to restore your backup and you could not and get error suggest use that veeam tools for extract backup file and then upload all of them on datastore and add to inventory

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos