VMware Cloud Community
486DX2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Datastore Warning Status

Hello

I have a warning status on the first of my 2 datastores. There is nothing triggered showing in the alarms tab and the hardware status shows everything as normal. How can I view the meaning of this warning and clear it?

System is running ESXi 5.5.0, 1746974 with vCenter v5.5.0 build 2183111

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Wrong place to be looking Smiley Happy

From the Hosts and Clusters view double click on the datastore with the "alarm" that is triggered. This will take you to the Datastores and Datastore clusters view with the object selected and then select the Alarms tabs.

Here you will see all definitions that apply to the datastore. Hopefully somebody has labelled it with an easy to find name like the example below from my environment:

Datastore alarms..png

Also note in the above example that this definition is not actually defined here but on a folder called "datastore alarm 98% warn 99% alert" which means that I need to click the folder to get to the actual definition. Once here this will allow me to edit the alarm.

Does this help?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

This warning is regarding the free storage space for the datastore.

Your datastore has an alarm for free storage space with a certain remaining free space for warning and a limit for alert.

You can view this by datastore usage on disk alarm on vCenter Alarm > Definitions

If you edit this alarm, you can see the warning and alert percentage trigger and can be edited accordingly.

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos
486DX2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, but how do I edit the alarms defined on the datastore objects? It is simple enough to add an alarm, but there is no option to view existing alarms configured. (right click datastore > alarm > add alarm or disable alarm actions. These are the only options)

Please see the screen shots attached.

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Wrong place to be looking Smiley Happy

From the Hosts and Clusters view double click on the datastore with the "alarm" that is triggered. This will take you to the Datastores and Datastore clusters view with the object selected and then select the Alarms tabs.

Here you will see all definitions that apply to the datastore. Hopefully somebody has labelled it with an easy to find name like the example below from my environment:

Datastore alarms..png

Also note in the above example that this definition is not actually defined here but on a folder called "datastore alarm 98% warn 99% alert" which means that I need to click the folder to get to the actual definition. Once here this will allow me to edit the alarm.

Does this help?

0 Kudos
486DX2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for...

0 Kudos