VMware Cloud Community
JeremySW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Host baseline: "Check compliance" and "Remediate baseline" both failing

I have a vCenter cluster with 3 hosts. I am trying to apply a Dell patch baseline (extension) on one of the hosts and I can't remediate the baseline or check compliance. Both fail with the error

"Host cannot download files from VMware vSphere Lifecycle Manager patch store. Check the network connectivity and firewall setup, and check esxupdate logs for details."

The /var/log/esxupdate.log on all 3 hosts shows that it gets to "Downloading http://<vcsa>:9084/vum/repository/hostupdate/DEL/metadata-21.zip to /tmp/..." then shows "WARNING: Download failed: <urlopen error timed out>, 4 retry left..."

I was previously able to apply the baseline to the hosts, but had to reinstall ESXi on one of them so I'm trying to do it again and it's failing. The hosts can communicate VCSA over the management network, so I'm not sure why it would be unable to connect. The esxupdate service on the host is set to allow all IPs.

What could be causing the issue or what settings/configurations could I check on the hosts/VCSA?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremySW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My issue ended up being the firewall policies on the hosts. I had locked them down too much and it was blocking the connection.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bladefox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have the same issue on 3 of our servers running dell customized ISO of hypervisor

0 Kudos
JeremySW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My issue ended up being the firewall policies on the hosts. I had locked them down too much and it was blocking the connection.

0 Kudos