VMware Cloud Community
Chirag235
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to modify or Edit the template

Hi All,

I have created multiple template, I want to modify or edit the template to change hardware capacity in some of template. Can you guide me how can I do that. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It used to be the case that you converted the template to a VM, made the changes, then converted the VM back to a template.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Chirag235
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @scott28tt 

Thanks for the help.

I got it help of your suggestions. I follow below steps to modify or Edit templet.

1. I convert the template to a VM
  2. make the changes in VM ( like I convert hard disk from the thick to thin provision using the https://communities.vmware.com/t5/ESXi-Discussions/Script-to-convert-100-servers-from-Thick-to-Thin-... link)
  3. After changes, convert vm to template.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It used to be the case that you converted the template to a VM, made the changes, then converted the VM back to a template.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Chirag235
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @scott28tt 

That I know, but I want make changes without create the VM from the template.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I didn't say anything about creating a VM from the template, I said you CONVERT the template to be a VM temporarily.

0 Kudos
Chirag235
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @scott28tt 

Thanks for the help.

I got it help of your suggestions. I follow below steps to modify or Edit templet.

1. I convert the template to a VM
  2. make the changes in VM ( like I convert hard disk from the thick to thin provision using the https://communities.vmware.com/t5/ESXi-Discussions/Script-to-convert-100-servers-from-Thick-to-Thin-... link)
  3. After changes, convert vm to template.

0 Kudos