VMware Cloud Community
TTT196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter login failed intermittent

Hello Everyone,

We have a vCenter 7.0.3 Build 20150588. We have asked for the help from VMware to fix the problem for us. It is the same issue as this one 

Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server Systems: error in the vSphere Client due to VPXD session exhaust

After VMWare engineer helped us to increase the HTTP session to 16000. The session still used up and we experienced the login issue again. The other important problem is we cannot use the backup software to backup the VMs since the login cannot be done all the way.

Now we have checked from the VPXD.LOG file, we found that there is some account that is not existed in our environment, but keeps trying to login to the vCenter, and so it made the session exhausted.

The user account localos/hmsuser cannot be found in the vCenter. But is there any way that I can find out where do the traffic generated from? or actually why there is something from LOCALOS? What is it for?

I tried to submit the log through the attachment. It seems the log placed here treated as Spam.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TTT196
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is exactly the same. But I don't think we have this vR running. 

So I am thinking of using this method to get rid of the vcHms

Remove vcHms extension list 

Because I really can see this extension there "extensionList["com.vmware.vcHms"]"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@TTT196,

Yes, you could remove the extension from the MOB, what would do it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
krzysieksalwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried restarting the vCenter server?

Are all vCenter services running?

You can start all services by logging to vCenter Server Appliance by SSH and run the following command:

service-control --start --all

But it also looks like some account keeps trying to login to the vCenter, as you said.

I suggest to check all the apps, all the service accounts in your environment that may need access to vCenter.

Blog: vmcloud.pl
Twitter: @vmcloudpl
Facebook: vmcloudpl
Tags (1)
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello @TTT196,

That user is from vSphere Replication service, if you are using that solution, it creates a user for integration. Is it possible for you to reconnect that tool from the Management Interface of vR?

markey165
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As mentioned by @Lalegre , hmsuser is used by the vSphere Replication appliance, so that is your culprit. 

Have a look at the article below which describes exactly the same issue:

https://www.vcdx200.com/2020/08/could-not-connect-to-one-or-more.html

Hope this helps 😊

Contributor
Jump to solution

This is exactly the same. But I don't think we have this vR running. 

So I am thinking of using this method to get rid of the vcHms

Remove vcHms extension list 

Because I really can see this extension there "extensionList["com.vmware.vcHms"]"

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@TTT196,

Yes, you could remove the extension from the MOB, what would do it.

0 Kudos